Student Deferral and Refund Request
How do I get my refund?
- Your refund e-transfer will be sent to the preferred email address in your TRU student account. For many students, this will be your mytru.ca email address.
- You can update your preferred email address here.
Depending on the refund method, processing times may vary:
- Interac e-Transfer refunds (PayMyTuition): Within 4 - 6 to weeks after TRU has finalized processing your refund, you will receive an automated email confirming that your e-Transfer refund is on its way.
- Credit card refunds: After TRU has finalized processing your refund, it may take up to 5 business days for funds to appear on your credit card statement. You may review your student account in myTRU to confirm the date your refund was processed.
- International student refunds (PayMyTuition): Further instructions requesting currency, banking and beneficiary information will be emailed within 5 business days after TRU has finalized processing your refunds. Once those details are confirmed, the funds can be deposited directly into your international bank account.