Skip to main contentSkip Navigation or Skip to Content
Thompson Rivers University
Thompson Rivers University

Transfer Credit

If you have previous education or training, you may be eligible for credit toward your TRU program. Credit can be awarded in several ways at TRU.

Post-Secondary Education

If you have attended a recognized post-secondary institution, you may be awarded transfer credit at TRU.
Learn more »

Other Types of Learning/Training

If you have other types of learning/training (e.g., work experience, vocational training, etc.) that is not academic, you may be eligible for Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) credit.

Advanced Standing & Enriched Programs

If you are a new TRU applicant with International Baccalaureate (IB), Advanced Placement (AP) or Graduate Certificate of Education (GCE) A-Level courses, review further information here.

Partnership Agreement

If you are applying to TRU under a partnership agreement, refer to the appropriate TRU department for domestic or international agreements.

Transfer credit pathways »

Letter of Permission

If you are a current TRU student wishing to take a course elsewhere, you will need to consult with your program advisor and obtain a letter of permission (LOP) to ensure that the course will be recognized for transfer credit at TRU and fulfills your program plan.

Study Abroad

If you are a TRU student who wishes to study abroad for a semester or more during your TRU program.

Transfer Credit Process

Transfer credit process »

Still Have Questions?

If you are not a TRU student yet and have questions, contact Future Students.

If you are currently a TRU student and have questions, contact your academic advisor.

Search To Top