Skip to main contentSkip Navigation or Skip to Content
Thompson Rivers University
Thompson Rivers University

Other Canadian Provinces & Territories

The Canada Student Loans program defines a student's province of residence for the purposes of full-time assistance as "the last province lived in for 12 consecutive months as a non full-time student" or if the student has immigrated within the last year, the province in which they landed.  For dependent students, their province of residence is determined by where their parents reside.

Canadian citizens or permanent residents who do not qualify as residents of BC may apply for government loans and grants for study at TRU through the province of which they are considered to be residents. Based on the above definition, apply for government student assistance through your home province/territory below:

  • Alberta Flag


  • Saskatchewan Flag


  • Manitoba Flag



  • Ontario Flag


  • Quebec


  • New Brunswick

    New Brunswick

  • Prince Edward Island

    Prince Edward Island

  • Nova Scotia

    Nova Scotia

  • Newfoundland and Labrador

    Newfoundland & Labrador

  • Yukon


  • Northwest Territories

    Northwest Territories

  • Nunavut


Search To Top