Health Care Assistant Certificate
A high-demand career with great rewards.
Canada is facing an aging population that is driving an increased need for professional caregivers and health care support. More long-term care beds are becoming available in response , but a shortage of nurses and health care providers means people are not getting the care they require.
You can help fill the need.
Seize the opportunity to meet the urgent call for health care assistants and enjoy the benefits of this rewarding career. A strong demand by employers means increased salaries, higher rate of employment and more opportunities to work in a variety of places including acute care settings.
Be job ready in seven months.
The 27-week Health Care Assistant (HCA) Certificate teaches you the skills you need to help older adults in acute care, assisted living or home support. Through in-class instruction, practical experience in our state-of-the art nursing labs and clinical instruction, you will learn to provide care to those in need of support. You will graduate with an understanding of effective teamwork as well as the ethics and communication skills required to care for older adults despite their varying needs.
Please Note: The length of the program may be altered depending on placement opportunities.
The TRU advantage
Studying through an accredited university for your HCA means you have:
- Access to TRU’s state-of-the-art nursing lab
- Support from many student services
- Experienced and caring faculty to teach and support you
- Student loans and bursaries
- An increased advantage in the job market through TRU’s close reciprocal relationship with the health care industry
- The option to advance your certificate into a Nursing degree, including TRU's LPN or BScN, while earning money and gaining hands-on experience working as a HCA
|Health Care Assistant||Certificate||Kamloops Campus||September, January, and May intakes|
|Health Care Assistant||Certificate||Williams Lake Campus||February Intake|
|Health Care Assistant||Certificate||Distance - Open Learning||Continuous Intake|