Indigenous Health Practices
Learning activities around promoting Indigenous Peoples’ health are threaded throughout the BScN curriculum starting in Year 1.
Students in the TRU nursing program are also able to choose to work in practice placements with Indigenous individuals, groups, and communities. The majority of these practice opportunities are available in semesters six to eight. In addition, students will encounter clients who are of Indigenous heritage everywhere within the health care system.
Some of the many practice placements to choose from include:
- Anahim Lake Nursing Station
- First Nations Health Authority
- Bella Coola Hospital
- Esketemc Health Centre
- Two Rivers Metis Society
- Fort Nelson First Nation
- Kamloops Interior Indian Friendship Society
- Namgis First Nations Health Centre
- Q’wemstin Health Society
- Sexqeltqin Health Centre
- Simpcw Health Centre
- Upper Nicola Health and Wellness Centre
- Xeni Gwet’in Health Services.